Nailed Down Wood Floor
To provide profound sound isolation for a nailed wood floor we have to take additional steps to insure a luxury rating. When a wood floor is installed to the sub floor with 100's of nails there are 100's of direct connections to the floor framing. These mechanical connections are the source of footstep vibration traveling to the room below.
PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ should be used to isolate a new layer of plywood from the existing plywood sub floor. We will then have a sub floor we can nail to, but the nails will not reach the floor framing, and consequently the room below.
PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ is your floor soundproofing solution PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ can reduce footfall noise (IIC) and block airborne sound (STC) all in one step. PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ can be used on many floor types, with any sub floor assembly, without making any changes to your current construction.
- You will get a higher STC Rating (sound blocking). PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ adds tremendous weight to the floor, blocking airborne sound from TV, stereo, voices and more.
- You will get a higher IIC Rating (footstep blocking). PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ absorbs the noise from footsteps on rigid floors. You will hear fewer footsteps from above.
- PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ will be used to float" a new sub floor, breaking the direct connection.
- An excellent option when compared to gypsum topping and two layers of plywood.
- Hardwood flooring can be glued down directly to PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™.
- PRIVACY ULTIMATE UNDERLAY™ is a trademark of Sound Isolation Company™
New Soundproofing a Floor Guide
Floors require a careful evaluation of construction methods and conditions before a soundproofing flooring product can be selected. Learn more about what you are up against by reading our new Soundproofing a Floor Guide